Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 60: Add a Friend


So, I've realized that you guys don't only respond to relationship pieces... you respond to the good stuff. I am going to admit that everyday is not "good stuff," and, honestly, I can't make it good everyday. My moments come and go... but, you guys respond to the honest stuff that comes from my heart. (that's extremely corny! but, it's the truth...) I try, but am not able to give you "heart" everyday. The posts seem to go along with my mood, so, I will try to give you more "heart" in the next 305 days. Wow, 60 days are over already... that was fast.

On a different subject, yesterday, I let my guard down. I had been avoiding adding a certain old friend (who is a daily reader/fan and will definitely be reading this post today) on my Facebook account, and I just added her yesterday. It was quick and easy... just like that. Not everything has to be such a big deal all the time. We all grow up and change, and time heals everything. It took me a second to think about it, and, then, I did it. After she confirmed, which I knew she was going to do, (because I know her very well) I wrote her a message telling her that she had been more of a friend to me, in our days, than 99% of my Facebook friend list, and, now I was glad she could be my friend on Facebook. I typed that out and didn't even think about the past and all the bullshit that lies underneath. It doesn't matter anymore, I think. None of it matters. The only thing that matters is that I was a strong enough being to let my pride go at that moment and care, which I do. I think we all have that one person we don't want to add as a friend, call over the phone, or run into, but, come on people... really? They're probably thinking the same things you are, about the whole situation. Personally, I think a situation is as bad as we make it out to be. We're all human and we all make mistakes. It's easier to let it go... Once you do, good things can come out of it. (She wrote back to me saying that her "heart had skipped a beat." That's all it might take to make someone's heart skip a beat... which is an amazing capability.)

Tip of the Day: If you've been holding back from a certain person, just let your guard down and get over it, really... it'll feel much better. As they say in Armenian, "It's a 2 day world...you never know what's going to happen tomorrow."

“It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride.”

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/it_is_better_to_lose_your_pride_with_someone_you/264720.html

No comments:

Post a Comment