Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 82


Today I spent most of my day trying to organize the stuff I had lost yesterday. I have, kind of, gotten over the fact that it's lost, but I think it'll hit me once I have to redo everything over again. But...
On a more positive and interesting subject, I received a special gift yesterday...

Armen had bought me an antique gold watch from an antique store he had visited while he was out of town. He had picked it out, paid for it, and was about to walk out with it, when the man at the counter had asked him why he had picked that particular watch. He had told the man that he had just liked that one. So, he brought it home and (the watch having a really small band around it) said to me, "I got you something, but it's not gonna fit you.." I looked over at him, while making a sandwhich, and asked, "Why? Am I too fat? Will it fit if I lose weight?" He started to laugh and replied, "No, it won't ever fit you cuz you're big-boned." (Ya, you can imagine the four letter words going through my head at that point) I started to laugh and moved towards him with the sandwich knife in my hand and said, "Seriously?? What is it?" He replied, "I'll show you if my sandwich is a good one..."
His sandwich must have been good because I got to see the watch. It was the most beautiful watch I've ever seen. It was delicate, detailed, vintage, and looked like it had been through time. So, I looked at it for a while as he told me the story behind it, which the man at the counter had told him: Apparently, it was a watch from the 40's, and it "apparently" had been bought by Marilyn Monroe as a gift for her personal Gynecologist, who was the aunt of the man at the counter. That was a long story made short, but it was very interesting, true or not, that this item had such an amazing story behind it. I looked at my watch for about 4 minutes, then, put it on to prove that it would fit, and it did... until the band broke because it was too tight on my wrist... I guess I am big-boned... but, the watch will be repaired and, now, I am apart of its history...
Tip of the Day: Visit an antique store once in a while... the air inside might be tight and heavy, but the items that might be found, sometimes, can carry amazing journeys and you should be apart of amazing journeys. After all, we are going to be apart of history one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment