Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 84: Lights, camera, action...


You know... I couldn't believe there was going to be "one" yard sale, but, "two" is extremely hard to believe. Today, my sister had another yard sale to get rid of everything we didn't get rid of the first time, and some other stuff we sneaked out of the house... (that my mom is not aware of...yet)
As of today, we have made about $1,000 with these two yard sales... (but have probably sold $10,000 worth of material...but, it was so worth the extra space in the house.)

It was good, though, because it actually took place. As for right now, I have rented a movie, so I am going to watch it and tune out for the next couple of hours. Watching someone else's life for a couple of hours is the best way to get your mind off yours, when you need to. I remember when movie tickets used to be $3.25... now the cost of going to the movie theatre is more than triple that price for a ticket, and an arm and leg for some Coke and popcorn, if you dare, but we still don't hesitate to pay that price for those two hours of tune out. The feeling that we get when a movie starts is a type of excitement, curiousity, and anxiousness that is priceless. So, now, I am officailly tuning out and giving you the...
Tip of the Day: Watch a movie when you feel the need to tune out of your reality.

"As long as movies are playing, I'll be fine." Nick Kellogg

No comments:

Post a Comment