Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 89: Fart in a Jar


My cousin (the one getting engaged today) and I are the youngsters and we've always been the funny clowns of the family. Oddly enough, we were the first ones to go...
Watching him tonight is going to be weird for me because we've grown up together and let's just say that...the best memory I have of him was when he used to fart in a jar, close it up, run it to us, hold up a match, and say, "Ok, watch what's gonna happen!" with a funny look on his face. Then, he would open the jar, throw the match in there and watch it flame up. So, you can imagine how how it feels to see him grow up and become a man.
They say, "time flies" but... I don't think we get it until we stop and look at everyone around us in life and how fast it does go by... We don't see ourselves change and grow up as we do others. Then, once we do realize it, there's nothing left but memories. Memories are vague, like dreams, but they're all we're going to have left. One day, when I'm feeding a squirrel and can't remember what I had for breakfast, I'll remember him farting in that jar...

Tip of the Day: Try to be present at all times and make everything a memory... good or bad.

“Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart.” www.thinkexist.com



No comments:

Post a Comment