Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 77: It's All in the Detail...


Big events are fun, especially Armenian, big events. Almost everyone looks forward to events that include food, dancing, and family. My cousin is getting engaged at the end of the month, and, today, we were at my aunt's house getting all the details together. I have about 15 burn marks from the glue guns we were using... though, it was fun. The girls of the family got together and cut, glued, tied, sprayed, sewed, and did whatever it took to finish off the pretty little things for the party.
Even though, the small things usually get overlooked, they are very important, I think. The amount of detail, attention, and effort put into an event is what makes it special, and, every event should be special. I know my ideas about this stuff might be a bit overwhelming because I like to overdo some things (due to my artsy background), but, today, I realized that the best part of an event is the planning stage. I know a few brides getting ready for their big day this year... so, they're in their planning stages, but, I say, enjoy this while you can. The big day comes and goes so fast that you don't even get to stop to see what everything, you worked so hard for, looks like.
I sit here, at the kitchen table, with a glass of White Zinfandel and some blackberries, thinking about what a good day I had... it was good because I spent it with family, getting ready for one of the most important days of a person's life. There was music, food, wine, toasting, fruit, sandwiches, laughter, and, best of all, disagreements... it was great. I'd like to make a toast to anyone going through planning stages right now, and say that you should definitely savour the moment. You're never going to get them back. Once the day is here, you can't turn back, so right now is your event...it's happening, so pay attention to the guests, the details, the hours, the moments, the flashing lights, and pay attention to the people that really matter, and love you the best.

Tip of the Day: No matter what event, (gallery opening, Engagement, wedding, birthday, baby shower, etc.) make sure to give all you've got to the planning period and try to enjoy it with your family. It's the times you'll remember best...

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now."
thinkexist.cm


1 comment:

  1. Today was definitely fun....thank u very much for helping out

    ReplyDelete