Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 79


So, yes, I called the lady today, and, I, officially, have my first freelance job! Yayyyy!

Ok, so I'm wondering why it's still raining? This weather is not letting us get into a fresh, enlightening feeling we usually get at this time of year... but, it's all good, it'll pass.

Actually, I've been listening to this song to try to get myself in the mood: (it's an oldie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDC-CqvNpWs

Due to the weather, I woke up late today... and didn't get out of bed right away. I turned the t.v. on, (which I never do) and Obama was making a speech for Senator Barbara Boxer. Honestly, I don't follow Politics and am totally oblivious to anything that has to do with the news and the what's going on in the world. The closest I get to reading or hearing the news is the front page of yahoo, right before I check my inbox.
The last time I got involved with Politics was the Obama/McCain campaigns in '98. The sketch above is one I did representing race and how it affected the Presidency called "The Language of Race." It depicted the idea of the color of skin and the process of the candidates disguising themselves with black and white gloves for the campaigns they were running.
So, this morning, I watched his speech and educated myself a bit on what's going on today, in the world. I feel a bit smarter than I did when I woke up...
Every morning, Armen listens to KPCC or checks the news on his phone, and I am always annoyed when he gives me new news on things I could care less about. Yesterday morning, we were driving to his office, and he was looking at his phone as he looked up and said as he laughed, "George Washington has $300,000 in overdue library books! He owes the NY library... " I looked at him, started laughing and said, "really? Is this going to be you're subject over lunch today?" He replied, "Yes!" So, yeah, he reads or listens to the news and sounds so smart when he's having conversations with people throughout the day. Hey, but it's a fair way of sounding smart. At least he's not making it up...

Tip of the Day: Read or listen to the news at least once a week/two weeks, just to be up to date on what's going on in the world, and, if you're a news freak, try to keep away from it a bit, it can get depressing.

This is what today's post reminded me of: from 5:00 min. in - end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pm9ERE1FhA&feature=related
this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtVGmDjr2II&NR=1
Watch it, it's pretty funny and might make you laugh on this rainy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment