Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 76: Experience "experience"




After last night, I thought, maybe, I would get a break, but, today was a day all its own...
I was participating in another artwalk in the City of Ventura. I woke up early, got my stuff together, and drove out to Ventura with my sister. Well, first, we, kind of, got lost on the way over there. We thought we had driven too far, so we turned back for another half hour going back the opposite direction, then, figured out that we were actually almost there the first time. So, when we finally got there, it was a big laugh, but not because of the drive, it was where we had driven to...
I had heard about this artwalk from an art acquaintance of mine through email. I had called the lady that was putting it together, and had talked to her about how I would be able to show my work there. She asked me if she could see my work, so, I gave her my website address. She called me back the next day and said that she would like for me to participate, and that all I had to do was take my stuff, and a table to set it on, on Saturday morning. So, as you can imagine, I was excited about it.
As we pulled up into a big lumberyard, we parked, got out, and realized that this place was, like I said, a "lumberyard/caryard." After laughing about it for a few minutes, my sister and I looked at each other, pulled ourselves together, then, shrugged our shoulders, and got out of the car to set up. So, I set up, met a few new people, and sat there behind my table waiting on "artwalkers." We waited....waited...and...waited.....
It was supposed to be starting at 1pm... 2pm came, a couple people walked by the table, 3pm.... 4pm came, a couple more people walked by the table. 5 pm came, and I looked over to my sister and said, "ok, I think we should start cleaning up." We began to clean up, and, guess what? As soon as we got everything in the car, a shuttle bus with about 15 people on it came in, but, at the point, all I could think about was the strong smell of Marijuana that was coming from somewhere nearby, making me dizzy, and getting the hell out of there.
Overall, I'm glad I went because I got to meet a few new people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and, most importantly, I spent the day with my sister. I'd like to thank her for accompanying me on these retarded, tiring, weird art full days. I don't know what I'd do without all her help and support. It means a lot to me, and she made my meaningless day, today, meaningful. Thanks Sis!
Today, I experienced experience...
Tip of the Day: Put your foot forward in anything that you can, even if it ends up in a lumberyard. Make sure to experience experience... because there must be a reason for everything.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment."
Rita Mae Brown

1 comment:

  1. You are sooooo welcome. I enjoy these "retarded, tiring, weird art full days". Some of my best memories. Thank YOU.
    -Sister

    ReplyDelete