Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 61


Every year, today, my cousins, aunts, grandmas, and anyone who cares to join us comes over to dye Easter eggs... it's supposed to be a fun filled family event. Today, I could care less about ducking eggs in dye... Today, I kind of feel like smashing the eggs on the walls all around the house and splattering dye on them. But... I have to get up, dress up, and show up. I guess it's nice to have family traditions and follow up with them, but, sometimes, family is not who I want to be around. Especially, if I'd rather drink up a bottle of wine and fall asleep...

Tip of the Day: Family traditions are the events that are remembered most, so, no matter how you feel and how much alcohol you'd rather consume, participate in them. They're precious moments and, honestly, you're being really selfish not wanting to be apart of it all.

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right." - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment