Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 88


My cousin is getting engaged tomorrow... so, there's family members everywhere I look...
The men sit at the dining room table discussing the house market, the women are running around with their wet fingernails and toes, setting the table, and getting the last minute things ready. The groom is nowhere to be found... (I hope he's near and hasn't changed his mind), my grandma is blabbing away, as she serves tea and coffee, as usual, and I sit here on the couch observing. Some of the family had to fly in from out of state, some come from across the street, and some (like my dad) decided that they'd much rather be in bed watching t.v.
Honestly, I'd rather be in my bed right now, but, I'm trying to live in this moment... this is not my everyday, and throughout the years, I've come to realize that they are what matter most at the end of the day. We can be anywhere in the world with our families and feel at home.
It's funny... everyone has been asking the "soon to be" groom to show the ring, but he refuses... he keeps brushing them off, but they keep asking, which proves that family can get annoying...but, they are the annoyance I'd rather live with than without.

Tip of the Day: Enjoy the moments you have with your family. They're apart of the best and worst memories you'll have when you look back at your life one day.

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment