Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 53: I should have one of these by now...?


The other day my cousin and I were looking through a local photograpeher's website. We were going through his galleries, and came to so many different people from high school that had used him for their weddings, baby's Christianing, baby's first brithday, and etc. So we started talking about how weird it was to see these people and the type of lives they led now. We were thinking that maybe we needed to get a move on it and get going with what was going on in our lives...
To make it worse, I saw an old acquaintance from high school today. We had Ceramics class together and I believe she's about 2 years younger than me, if not 1 year. We began talking to each other about what we were doing. I asked her, "So, what are you up to?" She answered, "Oh, I'm married, and I have two boys, one is 2 years old, and the other is 6 months old." I just looked at her in shock... looked down at her and said, "you look great for having two kids!" Apparently, she still looked like a junior in high school, and being the cute girl she was she said, "ya, I gained weight with my first one, you know, cuz it was so much fun eating everything... but, I learned my lesson, so I kept it down on my second one," with a smile on her face. So, it was really nice to see her and catch up. I just wish I could remember her name... I tried to keep from saying her name throughout our conversation, and, obviously, I was too embarassed to ask her what it was. Anyway, seeing her made me realize our lives and how different each person's life timeline can be...
Tip of the Day: Never measure your years and experience with someone else. We all have our own timelines, so don't ever feel like you're ahead or behind of somebody. Just be happy about where you are right now and stay in the moment because you never know what's ahead tomorrow...
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment