Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 244: I'm Better


There is a new tab on the screen I sign into to post... it's a Statistics tab for the blog. I can see how many people actually read this thing, at what time, in which country, from what type of device. It's kind of cool, but, also, a bit too much information. Yesterday, 40 people read my blog at 3PM... See, it is kind of weird. It's nice to see the numbers and to find out that people in South Korea, Belgium, and India are also reading my thoughts. That makes me a bit nervous... I had one of my readers talk to me about my blog today and I had one of my other readers tell me she doesn't keep up anymore.
No matter if you've been reading since Day 1, just got here, or you're not reading anymore, I feel good about doing this for another 121 days. I'm still confident about being here. I've had my ups and downs in the past 244 days, and all of you guys have joined me. It's been sad, happy, angry, funny, ironic, hopeless, hopeful, surprising, and everything else a human can possibly feel, and, today, on Day 244, I can declare that my original idea and its purpose has worked. I have succeeded and have reached my goal... I am better now... Day 245 and so forth is just a bonus for me. Who knows what more it'll do for me? All I know is that I'm a better "everything" than I was since Day 1. Having you here with me at whatever time of the day, in whichever country, from whatever device has made me better... and... I thank you for making me better...

Tip of the Day: No matter what your goal, give it time and be patient. One day you might wake up and realize you're right where you want to be.

Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded! ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment: