Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 245: Forecast: Rain

I am going to state the obvious... today was a rainy day. Rainy days are usually sedatives for us. They make us feel like staying home, watching a movie, and eating Cup of Noodles (by the fireplace, if you want to get corny). I read somewhere that suicide rates are highest in rainy areas. I guess rain can get depressing after a while, but with all the sunshine we've had in LA lately, I was okay with the rain today. I was okay with having frizzy hair, wearing damp clothes, and getting muddy footsteps on the white gallery floors. All the downsides to the rain didn't bother me today. It, somehow, made my day today.
I slept in an hour longer because there was no sunshine on my face to wake me up, but, once awake, it was a good start. With a bowl of Corn Flakes, I started my day... an, wi a hou an a haf ov Yoga wi "Shau May", I ended my day.

Tip of the Day: No matter hail, snow, or sunshine, our day turns out to be exactly what we make of it. The only difference there should be in your day, having to do with the weather, is your safety (caution while driving, walking, bicycling, running, etc.). So try to make the best of each and every day despite the outside temperatures.

"Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella." ~Terri Guillemets

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet." ~Roger Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment