Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 255: Loyal Customers


I used to work at Baskin Robbins... My employment there lasted a while... a long while... about 6 years too long. Besides the advantage of eating as much ice cream as I could consume, I had the advantage of meeting a few loyal Baskin Robbins customers. There were a few of them that would come by everyday, at the same time, with the same order. I looked forward to seeing them each day and I even watched a few of their kids grow older every year. Those few loyal customers had become the reason I worked so hard at my job. They were the best part of my 8 hour work day.
Tonight was date night... For a couple of years now, there's only one Sushi place for us. About two months ago, a new Sushi spot opened up... They had new modern, leather, white booths and the same amount of food there cost less than half of what we would pay at the other place. So, for a while, a long while, we tried out the new place. The Sushi wasn't bad, the environment better, and the check was half the amount, so why go back, right? Well, tonight, we decided to have date night at the older spot. The last couple of times, we had realized they had been empty while the new one down the street was packed with people and big parties. Tonight, we thought we'd go back and see our friends at the old place and I'm glad we did because we were greeted with a warm "Welcome Back!" There, everyone knows our name and every time we walk in, we're asked when the wedding is... just, that, is worth the old fashioned decor and double-priced Sushi. I guess you can call us loyal customers...

Tip of the Day: Try to be a loyal customer. Business owners/employees appreciate you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment