Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 272: Little Footsteps...


My phone rang about two hours ago... "Did you find the turtle???!" my sister asked nervously... "Ya, Armen found her..." I answered. "You sure?" she asked again. "Ya, Armen found her..." I answered again, sounding annoyed.
After I looked for Turtle, for about an hour, yesterday, I explained to Armen what had happened. "I can't find her anywhere... Where do you think she would've gone?" Well, it took him about 3 and a half minutes to spot her under some bushes in the driveway. "How did you find her? How'd you know she'd be there?" I asked, stunned, but trying not to act on it to keep his ego from getting any bigger. "I'm a genius..." he answered as he continued, "You have to look for the little footsteps... where do the little footsteps take you?" I just looked at him hoping he was joking because there were no footsteps. I mean, what kind of footsteps was a turtle supposed to leave anyway. It was just a turtle, not a German Shepherd...
So, with a short game of hot and cold, I walked over to the bushes by the driveway, looked carefully, and there she was... right under the dirt, like I had imagined...
Oh, and... there were footsteps... they were small, but they were there.

Tip of the Day: When you feel like something is out of your reach and you're clueless as to where and how you could fix the problem, just follow the little footsteps...

No comments:

Post a Comment