Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 264: Happy Anniversary!!!


I apologize for the internet trouble causing the late post, but, I'm here now...
Yesterday was my parent's 28th Wedding Anniversary... 28 years times all the months, days, minutes, and seconds they've been waking up next to each other... and... they're still happy...
We were at home yesterday and my mom came home after work... I asked, "aren't you guys going out somewhere? It is your anniversary!" She answered, "Maybe, I don't know... your dad's still at work..." Then, I said, "Well, call him and, PLEASE, go out somewhere! You guys are so boring! What are you gonna do if you stay home?" So, she did... she called him and put him on speaker...
"Hello" he answered. "What are you doing?" she said. "Nothing, at work... what am I supposed to be doing?" he replied. She yelled, "You're such an ass... you haven't even sent me some flowers? You used to, at least, send me some flowers!" Then... for people that know my dad, he has this certain laugh... it's terribly loud and funny... so, if you can imagine, he laughed, loudly and obnoxiously, as she said, "Ha ha ha!" Then, added a few four letter Armenian words to her fake laugh and said, "It's not funny! Come home, you're taking me out to dinner!" He stopped laughing and said, "What do you need flowers for? I am your flower, wife... Ok... ok... fine, we'll go to dinner... call Razo & Hemo (couple friends of theirs) and see if they'll come to dinner with us..." So, she smiled and said "Ok, just come home..." as she hung up the phone.
He was home half an hour later and I watched her get dressed as she smiled like it was her wedding day.
As I have mentioned before, there are, usually, many people at my house. Despite all the rolls of toilet paper my parents buy, they're even parents to children they haven't conceived. Words can not describe the type of parents they have been to us. All I can say is that you know you've succeeded when you wake up to a whole house of children who look up to you as a parent, if they're yours or not.
I'd like to Congratulate you, both, on 28 years of a great marriage, with its ups, downs, and diagonals. I hope I can be half the parent you have been and I hope that you enjoy each other's company for 28 and more years to come.
They say, "Wait, wait until you have children... then, you'll understand."

Tip of the Day: If you have children, you've probably already recognized all that your parents have done for you, and, if you haven't had children, yet, then, just wait, wait until you do... then, you'll understand.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!!

    I've always admired the beautiful relationship your parents have...may they be blessed with many many many more wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete