Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 258: Fool for the Family


Besides the clouds, there was some drizzle today... It was a bit hard enjoying myself outside, in the wet and cold, all the while, trying to sell my work to the public. I was at an art market in Pasadena and due to the weather, it wasn't that good of a turn out. My sister and I sat there for nine hours, under a big umbrella hoping it wouldn't start raining. The best part of those nine hours was the 10 minutes my mom showed up...
She walked up to my table acting as though she was a customer, trying to impress the onlookers. She began talking loudly about my work saying, "Verry niice, I lave it!" I'm used to this kind of embarrassment so I acted as though she was a customer while trying not to laugh. As I nodded at her trying to stop her from doing that, she began picking items up and putting it into her bag. I just sat there staring at her, looking confused. As she finished filling her bag up with a few calendars and bookmarks, she looked at me and said, "Haw much?"

Tip of the Day: Acting like a fool is okay when it comes to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment