Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 263: I lost my touch...


I lost my touch today... I told myself to "just paint," except, after a couple of hours of painting, I realized I had temporarily lost my touch. For those few hours, I had forgotten how to paint. I was lost and frustrated. I had no idea what to do next. The shapes, lines, and colors of everything seemed out of place and cloudy. I stepped back for a few minutes, gave it some time to get itself together, but, nothing... it was gone... lost...
Now, there's an unfinished painting sitting on the floor. It's just sitting there, ready to be painted over... which is exactly what I'll be doing when I feel like I can "just paint" again...

Tip of the Day: Sometimes, we lose our touch... When that happens, just leave it alone and give it some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment